Monday, October 09, 2006

Oblivion Diary Closed Until Further Notice:

I regret to announce that I cannot forsee any real likelihood of Oblivion Diary continuing in the short term due to my own personal commitments. I feel this especially unfortunate as I had already planned (in some detail) the paths the story would take. Rather than 'end' this story in a single (likely brutal) entry, which would be both anti-climactic and erode the entire narrative, I will simply leave Oblivion Diary until such time as I can give it the effort that it requires. I am sorry for the rather scattered updating schedule (and long gaps) prior to now - however it is now evident that I cannot continue developing the plot, short of turning it into some kind of 'stop-start' travesty.

Given the chance, I will continue Oblivion Diary at a later date, as I believe the story and characters have potential, and I enjoyed writing it. However I do not believe I will have the time in the coming months to write the time consuming entries required - or if I did so, the quality would be compromised through a lack of time. The fact that I have yet to play Oblivion (the game) to any extent greater than that told here (yes, this really is the entirity) has also served as a hinderance - in the little time I have had available to play, the game has (for now) failed to maintain my attention. While this latter point may change once I have hardware capable of running it effectively (read, once the next generation of high end GPU's are released), there is little likelihood of me having an opportunity to apply myself to Oblivion Diary in the coming months.

I would like to thank those who have followed Oblivion Diary, and especially those that have provided feedback. Farewell.

-Victoria

13 Comments:

Blogger Sam said...

You wanted an entry, but you didn't want this one. As indicated above, I'm sorry to say that Oblivion Diary will be closed for the forseeable future.

I believe even Frost In Morrowind had a slightly rushed ending, so there was no way I could end this one conclusively at such an early point in the plot.

Although this was entirely voluntary work on my part throughout, and I (as with any 'net fiction writer) do not 'owe' you entries as such, I would like to apologise nevertheless.

Despite being voluntary, I believe I owed you this explanation as common courtasy (a courtasy notably absent in at least one fiction blog), and I hope this has sufficed.

Monday, October 09, 2006 9:08:00 pm  
Blogger Mindstroller said...

hmm, 'stop-start' travesty, wonder whom that is refering to *cough*me!*cough*

im sorry to hear you wont be continuing for a while. Not only does this mean that one less great work of free fiction is frolicking about the web, but it also means that i have a lot more work to do to uphold the fan-fiction name for oblivion. I will try my best, but i feel my story lacks the cohesive plot that has driven your story thus far. You will be missed for the time being, Vitoria.

That being said, enjoy your time off, however long it may be. I understand how commitments can destroy any hope of regular postings... and i feel for you.

au revoir, and may your literary exploits always be fruitful!

Tuesday, October 10, 2006 3:22:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmph.

Tuesday, October 10, 2006 6:48:00 am  
Blogger Sam said...

Alas, the "stop-start travesty" reference refers to me. On a number of occasions when I came back to do an entry (after a gap) I was forced to re-read much of what I had already writen, and even then I thought that it lost plot cohesion because of it at times.

Tuesday, October 10, 2006 9:55:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

your stopping will be lamented by many but understandably you'll have to make yourself priority one.
i hope it is not a farethywell but an au revoir so i will return now and again to see whether you have returned to the keyboard to enchant us with your stories.

Tuesday, October 10, 2006 1:26:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bye, now I only have Will Syras to read. *crys* I hope that it can keep up with the lack of OB blogs, or else. *looks menacingly at Mindstroller* Anyway, I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope that you come back! Thanks again, Victoria! :)


- Sabertooth

Tuesday, October 10, 2006 11:19:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fuck.

But I would like to thank you, for the work that you have put in to this blog. Despite the long gaps, I found your story very interesting and well put together. While it would have been nice to know immediately what you meant about "...life and unlife..." in the header at the top of the page, I understand the position you are in.

Thank you.

-Noozooroo

Wednesday, October 11, 2006 12:39:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, now that I got that out of the way (I still meant it though!) I believe I know what you mean about "life and unlife".

SPOILER ALERT!!!! (In theory)
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
I think Victoria (being a necromancer judging from the not-too-subtle hints in thet story) will turn herself into a lich.

-Noozooroo

Wednesday, October 11, 2006 12:42:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Or one of them could die/be killed by the other and come back as a ghost, attacking their rival or just random people; or influencing events in Cyrodiil.

-Noozooroo

Sunday, November 05, 2006 2:12:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Meh - I doubt anyone cares about your stupid video game diary anyway.

Tuesday, December 05, 2006 6:33:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, anonymous, they do.

Or maybe you just weren't looking at all the pots under the stupidvideo game diary.

*Raises fist into the air*I support Victoria's Oblivion Journal!

-Noozooroo

Tuesday, December 05, 2006 11:16:00 pm  
Blogger Sam said...

You make me sad that I'm not updating Noozooroo...

/sigh

Wednesday, December 06, 2006 12:03:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh, same here. Like you said, the characters have potential.

I like your story. (I also like the subtle touch of how Victoria's journals are all in italics, while Alexander's aren't)

-Noozooroo

Wednesday, December 06, 2006 10:25:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Free Counter